William 'LeRoy' Cook
LeRoy was introduced to bowling in 1929 at Ascension Lanes. It was 'love at first sight' for the sport and he directed most of his energy toward its promotion. He was secretary of the NW Terminal League for 27 years at East Side Lanes before it was demolished in 1973. He was a Director in the Minneapolis District Bowling Association and later served a term as President (1964-65). He served on many committees including the Audit Committee. In 1962 he was elected as a Director in the Minnesota State Bowling Association. Among his many committee services, he served as Chairman of the State Scholarship Committee to help junior bowlers continue their higher education. He was an Honorary Life Member in both the Minneapolis District Bowling Association and the State Bowling Association.